Ultraviolet light deactivates the DNA of bacteria, viruses and other pathogens and destroys their ability to multiply and cause disease. Specifically, UV light causes damage to the nucleic acid of microorganisms by forming covalent bonds between certain adjacent bases in the DNA. The formation of such bonds prevents the DNA to reproduce.
For the past 100 years science has recognized the bactericidal effects of the ultraviolet area of the electromagnetic spectrum. The specific wavelengths responsible for this reaction are situated between 240 - 280 nanometers (referred to as nm) with a peak wavelength of 265 nm and are known as UV-C.
AST manufactures Ultraviolet units with the finest 316 Stainless Steel, Electro Polished internally as well as externally for years of corrosion free service. The system Allows water to come in contact with Ultra Violet rays having 30,000 micro watts second/cm2 UV dosage & 2537 Angstrom (254 nm) units wavelength. The silica quartz jacket provides 100% efficiency due to its pure crystal clear transparency as compared to the Teflon tubes.
• More effective against viruses than chlorine - Chlorine is becoming less acceptable because of harmful byproducts, handling problems, & risk of overdosing.
• Immediate treatment process, no need for holding tanks, & retention times, so footprint is small.
• Extremely economical due to low capital, operational & maintenance costs.
• No chemicals added to the water supply – resulting in no byproducts & no need for specialized storage requirements
• No change in taste, odor, pH, conductivity of water
• Automatic operation
• Simplicity and ease of maintenance, periodic cleaning, and annual lamp replacement, no moving parts to wear out
• Easy installation, only two water connections and a power connection
|Drinking water||Food Processing||Medicine|
|Schools & Colleges||Bottled water||Pharmaceutical|
|Residential||Beverages, Fruit juices||Laboratories|
|Factories & offices||Breweries & Wineries||Dialysis|
|Ice Making||-||Pathology labs|